This story is no longer being updated. Visit the Pinpoint Weather page for the latest weather information.
DENVER (KDVR) — A round of early spring snow moved into Colorado late Sunday night into Monday morning, causing dangerous travel for parts of the state.
The snow tapered off through the afternoon as the Pinpoint Weather team predicted but temperatures will be chilly with a gusty north wind.
We are no long providing live updates to this story as of 11 a.m., but you can find previous updates below.
- 10:40 a.m.: Weld County government offices will close today at noon due to the weather.
- 10:10 a.m.: Denver Police Department: ALERT: Denver is now on CrashAlert. Motorists are reminded to drive for the conditions.
- 8:30 a.m.: Snowfall totals are starting to come in, with over 9 inches reported in Fort Collins.
- 8:20 a.m.: Denver police are investigating a traffic crash with serious injuries involving two motorists at Colfax and Vine. Expect delays in the area.
- 8:15 a.m.: Accident Alert Westminster: Please report; injury accidents, hit & run accidents just occurred w/suspect info, or where one or more of the vehicles cannot be driven, accidents involving damage to city, state/federal property or accidents involving drivers under the influence of alcohol/drugs
- 7:50 a.m.: Colorado State University is closing and canceling all operations Monday, March 27. All in-person, hybrid and remote classes and operations (meetings, work functions) are closed or canceled for all Larimer County campuses.
- 7:20 a.m.: The City of Castle Rock is currently on Accident Alert. This means the Castle Rock Police Department will only respond to crashes with injuries, those w/ disabled vehicles, DUI/DUIDs, hit-and-runs & when drivers don’t have license/insurance/registration. Please exchange info and file a report online w/ CSP.
- 7:18 a.m.: CDOT: US-36 westbound: Right lane closed due to a crash between CO 121 and East Flatiron Crossing Drive.
- 7:05 a.m.: The City of Boulder is on accident alert
- 6:45 a.m.: Accident Alert: For Windsor accidents w/ minor damage, no injuries or suspected substance invl’mnt, exchange info & file online report dmv.colorado.gov/report-accident
- 6:41 a.m.: CDOT: I-70 westbound: Road closed due to a crash between Exit 157 – CO 131; Wolcott and Exit 147 – Eagle.
- 6:40 a.m.: CDOT: I-25 northbound: Two left lanes closed due to a crash between Exit 181 – Plum Creek Parkway and Exit 182 – Wilcox Street.
- 6:20 a.m.: The Pinpoint Weather team has issued a Pinpoint Weather Alert Day that will last until 9 a.m. due to slick travel.
- 6 a.m.: APD: I225 NB is now open. Thank you for your patience!
- 5:55 a.m.: CSP Larimer: Traffic Alert! Roads are slick this morning. We have already responded to multiple crashes and vehicle slide offs. CSP is on accident alert for Larimer County. For non-injury, non-impaired crashes, please report on-line.
- 5:14 a.m.: Aurora Police Department: I225 NB is closed N of Colfax Ave due to icy conditions & a crash involving multiple cars. Traffic is being diverted to Colfax Ave while we work to clear the road. Avoid the area & drive safe!
Forecast and radar
Whether you have plans to be outside or you just want to stay on top of the forecast, we have you covered.
We have several different radars on our website, which can be used no matter where you are.
- Interactive Radar
- Colorado Radar
- Denver Metro Radar
- Mountain Radar
- Northeast Plains Radar
- National Radar
The Pinpoint Weather team will update Colorado’s Most Accurate Forecast throughout the day on TV with updates on FOX31.