DENVER –- A May spring storm dumped rain and snow this weekend, causing flooding concerns and road closures across the state.
The South Platte River is expected to be at or above major flood stage by Monday, according to Weld County officials. Flooding in the Evans and southeast Greeley area, which was hard hit in floods last year, was also significant.
This video courtesy of Larry Bases captured some flooding at 2200 49th St in Evans, Colo. near the South Platte River.
Most rivers in northern Colorado experienced minor flooding, including St. Vrain Creek, Boulder Creek, the Big Thompson and Little Thompson rivers and Poudre River.
RELATED: Photo gallery of the damage
Weld County officials reported that many roads were closed due to flooding as of Sunday at 6:30 p.m., listed below. A map of these roads is available on its website.
- CR 4 between CR 15 and CR 17 (southeast of Dacono)
- CR 4 between CR 73 and CR 85 (southeast part of the county near the Adams County boarder)
- CR 5 between CR 34 1/2 and CR 36 (near Mead/Highland Lake)
- CR 8 between Hwy 85 and CR 23 (southwest of Fort Lupton)
- CR 15 between CR 10 and CR 12 (south of Dacono)
- CR 16 between CR 71 and 73 (southeast of Keenesburg)
- CR 16.5 between CR 1 to CR 3.25 (west of Frederick/Firestone)
- CR 24.5 from CR 73 to CR 75.5 (near Roggen)
- CR 45 between Hwy 34 to CR 54
- CR 53 from Hwy 34 to CR 60.5 (north of Kersey)
- CR 75.5 from 24.5 going south (near Roggen)
- CR 81 between CR 4 to Hwy 52 (southeast of Keenesburg)
- CR 87/ 89 between Hwy 34 and CR 52 (near Riverside Reservoir in the Masters area)
- CR 93 ½ mile north of CR 22 (far southeastern of Weld County)
Some roads in Elbert County and the Carbon Valley area were also closed.
Some flooding occurred along Monument Creek near I-25 and Woodmen Road in El Paso County, as seen in this picture tweeted by KRDO in Colorado Springs.
Another flooding trouble spot for EPC is on Kelly Lane near I-25 & Woodmen along Monument Creek. pic.twitter.com/JtpTuC5AmC
— KRDO NewsChannel 13 (@KRDONC13) May 10, 2015
The storm damaged trees and affected power lines across Colorado as well.