Here’s a look at five things we know about this storm as of 7:45 a.m. on Friday:
- Meteorologist Chris Tomer said the storm is trending slightly weaker and faster overall
- Melting will be the wild card with this storm due to temperatures hovering right around freezing
- Rain will transition to snow Friday afternoon into Friday evening
- Snow will taper off on Saturday morning around 9-10 a.m.
- The biggest concern remains the Foothills above 6,000 feet where 1-2 feet of heavy, wet snow is possible
- Record low temperatures are possible in Denver on Saturday and Sunday mornings
Full Pinpoint Weather coverage
On TV and online, the Pinpoint Weather Team will keep you updated with the latest forecast for Denver and Colorado. Be sure to download the free Pinpoint Weather App to stay up-to-date with the newest data as it comes in. Stayed tuned to FOX31 and Channel 2 for live team coverage throughout the storm.
- Closings & Delays: Full List
- Interactive Radar
- Delays and cancellations at Denver International Airport
Do you have questions about this late-season winter storm? The Pinpoint Meteorologist Team holds frequent Ask a Met segments on FOX31 NOW.
You can submit a question during our live broadcasts, or on Twitter using #AskAMet. Another way to ask your questions is by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.