DENVER (KDVR) — Arctic cold, along with another round of snow, arrived in Colorado on Tuesday and will continue Wednesday.
The Pinpoint Weather Team has issued a Pinpoint Weather Alert Day for Wednesday. Here’s what we know about the storm:
- Timing: Snow develops around 5 p.m. Tuesday across the Front Range, earlier in the mountains and Foothills.
- Snow continues off/on Wednesday. At no point is it heavy, it will gradually accumulate.
- Temperatures will be in the teens and 20s on Wednesday.
- Overnight lows will dip below zero on Wednesday into Thursday
Preliminary snowfall projections
As of 5 a.m. Tuesday, projected snowfall was:
- Denver: 3-6 inches
- Foothills: 8-12 inches
- Fort Collins: 4-8 inches
- Eastern Plains: 3-5 inches
- Castle Rock/Palmer Divide: 4-8 inches
- I-70 ski areas: 3-8 inches
- Southern Mountains: 8-16 inches
- Northern Mountains: 1-3 inches west, 4-12 inches east
As the storm moves in, the Pinpoint Weather Team will further break down expected snowfall totals.
- Closings & Delays: Full List
- Interactive Radar
- Delays and cancellations at Denver International Airport