The Pinpoint Weather Team has issued a Pinpoint Weather Alert Day for Thursday.
Here are five things we know about the snowstorm so far:
- Rain showers will develop in Denver on Wednesday afternoon with highs in the 50s
- Temperatures will drop overnight Wednesday into Thursday and rain will change to snow. It will be a heavy mix of rain and snow in Denver during this storm
- Winter storm warnings are in effect for areas above 6,000 feet, which is where the heaviest snow will fall
- Snow will taper off Thursday afternoon
- Snow totals will vary from 1-16 inches depending on where you live. Here’s a look at the full breakdown:
Storm Totals by 5 p.m. Thursday:
- Foothills: 8-15 inches
- Palmer Divide: 3-10 inches
- Denver: 1-3 inches
- Western Suburbs: 5-10 inches
- Southern Suburbs: 3-8 inches
- Northern Colorado: 0-2 inches
- Eastern Plains: 1-3 inches with a pocket of 3-8 inches near Limon.
As this storm gets closer, the Pinpoint Weather Team will get new data and provide updates several times a day.
Be sure to download the free Pinpoint Weather App to stay up-to-date with the newest data as it comes in.