But even the lower-earning players are still making more than you probably are.
FOX31 looked through Spotrac’s estimated salary rankings for the Denver Broncos and compared them to the rest of the AFC West.
Just in case you want to find out how little you make compared to these professional athletes, here are the top five players who make the most for their contract average annual value from each team.
Super Bowl winner Wilson is the second-highest earner in the entire division. His contract AAV is even higher than Super Bowl winner Patrick Mahomes. However, when it comes to the rest of the Broncos players, they are some of the lowest-paid top players in the division.
- Russell Wilson (QB) $48,517,647
- Mike McGlinchey (RT) $17,500,000
- Garett Bolles (LT) $17,000,000
- Justin Simmons (FS) $15,250,000
- Zach Allen (DE) $15,250,000
Kansas City Chiefs
- Patrick Mahomes (QB) $45,000,000
- Chris Jones (DT) $20,000,000
- Jawaan Taylor (RT) $20,000,000
- Joe Thuney (G) $16,000,000
- Travis Kelce (TE) $14,312,500
Los Angeles Chargers
Justin Herbert has the highest AAV out of the entire division, and it’s not just the quarterback. The rest of the team is making more than anyone else in the division. The fifth-highest earner, Mike Williams, is making $2 million more than the Broncos’ second-highest earner, Mike McGlinchey.
- Justin Herbert (QB) $52,500,000
- Joey Bosa (OLB) $27,000,000
- Khalil Mack (OLB) $23,500,000
- Keenan Allen (WR) $20,025,000
- Mike Williams (WR) $20,000,000
Las Vegas Raiders
The Raiders are the only team in the division where the quarterback isn’t the highest-earning player. While the top earner makes significantly less than the rest of the teams, the other earners are making the same amount as the rest of the division, except for quarterback Jimmy Garoppolo, who’s making almost half as much as the rest of the quarterbacks.
- Davante Adams (WR) $28,000,000
- Jimmy Garoppolo (QB) $24,250,000
- Maxx Crosby (DE) $23,500,000
- Kolton Miller (LT) $18,000,000
- Chandler Jones (DE) $17,000,000
Wilson is one of the highest players in the division, but the rest of the Broncos aren’t necessarily earning as much as other players. Regardless of what they make, each of them could buy a small island with just a year’s salary.