The data was gathered by Bookmakers.com for the 2021-22 season and comprised of how much money each NFL team spent on player’s salaries while they were injured over the course of the season.
The Broncos ranked the 7th highest in the NFL for spending an estimated $1,081239 per game on injured players.
Bookmakers.com said that figure is higher than the NFL average of $13.56 million.
Here are the costliest players in terms of injuries for the 21-22 season, according to Bookmakers.com:
|Rank||Player||Cost of Injuries (2021-22)|
*Based on base salary and games missed through injury.
Here’s a look at those injuries for the top costliest players:
- Graham Glasgow: Fractured ankle Nov. 7, 2021
- Alexander Johnson: Torn pectoral muscle Oct. 17, 2021
- Josey Jewell: Torn pectoral muscle Sept. 19, 2021
- Von Miller: Lower leg injury Oct. 21, 2021
- KJ Hamler: Torn ACL on Sept. 26, 2021
The top spender on injuries last season was the New York Jets at $28.6 million. The lowest spender on injures was the Buffalo Bills at $4.86 million, Bookmakers.com said.