First pitch is scheduled for 2:10 p.m. at Coors Field.
Here’s everything you need to know about opening day for the Rockies.
Opening day timeline
- 9:00 a.m. – Coors Field parking lots open
- 11:00 a.m. – Opening Day festivities begin at McGregor Square
- 12:00 p.m. – All Coors Field gates open
- 1:20 p.m. – Pregame ceremonies begin
- 2:10 p.m.: First pitch
The national anthem will be performed by Stellar Brass with Technical Sergeant Kayla Richardson, representing the United States Air Force Academy Band in Colorado Springs.
Kyle Freeland will be the starting pitcher for Opening Day. He was was shocked when he learned it would be him on the mound.
“I was pretty shocked — I didn’t expect to get that news when Buddy [Black, Rockies manager] told me, but I’m happy,” Freeland said. “That will be my second Opening Day start. I’m excited to take it on and get the season rolling.”
Opening day starting lineup
Here is the Rockies Opening Day starting lineup, according to the Rockies:
- Charlie Blackmon, RF
- Kris Bryant, LF
- Brendan Rodgers, 2B
- C.J. Cron, 1B
- Randal Grichuk, DH
- Ryan McMahon, 3B
- Elias Díaz, C
- Sam Hilliard, CF
- José Iglesias, SS
How to watch
The Opening Day forecast looks great with highs in the mid-60s, mostly sunny skies, and light winds.
Where to find tickets
There are a variety of options for parking at Coors Field. Here are some of the options from the Rockies:
- Main Parking Lot A Location ($19 per vehicle): Immediately adjacent to Coors Field, just outside Gate A in right field. Lot A sits between Blake Street and the railroad tracks extending northeast to the 27th Street entrance.
- Lot B Location ($17 per vehicle): Adjacent to Coors Field, Lot B is next to Lot A between Blake Street and the railroad tracks extending from the 27th Street entrance out toward 30th.
- Accessible Parking Location ($17 per vehicle): Accessible parking spaces are available immediately adjacent to Gate A, in the front of Lot A.
- VIP Lot Location ($35 per vehicle): Located between 22nd Street and Park Ave. West and between Wazee Street and Blake Street
Aramark will debut the Elvis Shake at Coors Field this season. Aramark said the shake is: Crème de banana, soft-serve ice cream, peanut butter sauce, Cracker Jack, and candied bacon. It will be served at Helton Burger Shack in Section 153.
The Rockies played the Dodgers for the 2021 home opener and won 8-5.