This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

SANTA CLARA, Calif. — The University of Colorado football team fell to the University of Washington, 41-10, in the Pac-12 championship game on Friday night at Levi’s Stadium.

Colorado had the game within reach at halftime, but three interceptions by quarterback Sefo Liufau in the third quarter quickly changed things.

Going into the game, the Buffaloes were ranked No. 8 in the College Football Playoff rankings and had not had a winning season since 2005. The Buffaloes went 10-2 in the regular season and won the Pac-12 South Division title.

Things didn’t start well for the Buffaloes as the fourth-ranked Huskies scored first and Liufau was injured soon after Colorado’s first play.

Backup quarterback Steven Montez came in the game and the Buffaloes turned it over on fourth down at the Washington 35-yard line.

Soon after, Washington went for it on fourth-and-8 and the CU defense made it pay for it with a 9-yard sack.

Montez stayed in at quarterback for the next drive, which ended with a 3-yard touchdown run from Phillip Lindsay to tie the game at the end of the first quarter.

Washington retook the lead to make it 14-7 at halftime.

Liufau came back in to start the second half. But the celebration of having the starting quarterback returning was short-lived as his pass was intercepted and Washington’s Taylor Rapp returned it for a touchdown to extend the Huskies’ lead to 21-7.

On CU’s next drive, Liufau had another pass intercepted by Rapp. The Buffaloes defense was able to stop Washington at the goal line and hold it to a field goal to make it 24-7.

Washington extended its lead with its third touchdown of the third quarter to make it 31-7.

And just when CU fans were feeling down, Anthony Julmisse returned the kickoff 42 yards, fumbled the ball and it was recovered by Lindsay. He took it 48 yards to the 2-yard line.

The Buffaloes could not capitalize on the run and had to settle for a field goal to make it 31-10.

However, Liufau would end the third quarter with his third interception, which was turned into another Washington field goal to make it 34-10.

Washington kept extending its lead with a late fourth quarter touchdown to make it 41-10.