Are Weider or Marcy weight benches better?
The weight bench is one of the most vital pieces of exercise equipment for any commercial or home gym. The social distancing requirements of the current pandemic have increased the need and popularity of the weight bench, as several people have set up a home gym. Choosing the right weight bench is important, not only for your safety, but also for comfort and durability. Two of the most reputable brands in this product category are Weider and Marcy, who offer a wide range of weight benches. Weider weight benches offer great quality and durability, while Marcy weight benches offer sturdy products with great value for the money.
Weider weight bench
Weider is a reputable and reliable brand in the health-and-fitness industry. For exercise equipment, there is a wide range of products on offer, including variations of the weight bench. The weight bench can be used for a variety of exercises including dumbbell press, bench press, shoulder press, ab crunches and more. The price of Weider weight benches might be higher in comparison to other competitive products, but you can be certain of excellent build quality when you buy Weider weight bench products. There are different types of Weider weight benches including flat, incline, decline or adjustable benches that can be easily adjusted according to the requirements of the exercise.
Weider weight bench pros
- Weider weight benches come with several safety features, such as a sturdy leg lock brace for better support while lifting weights. The legs of the bench are made from non-slip materials to offer optimum stability.
- One of the features of Weider weight benches is that they offer the ideal combination of being sturdy and lightweight, which might be important for certain users who require portability in a weight bench.
Weider weight bench cons
- For a comparable product from a competitor, a Weider weight bench might be more expensive.
- Some Weider weight benches do not offer a flat-seat position in their adjustable models of the weight bench. Some users might find the lack of a flat-seat position as uncomfortable when lifting weights in a seated position.
Best Weider weight bench products
The Weider Pro 265 weight bench is designed to offer flat and incline positions. It also comes with an 80-pound vinyl weight set, exercise chart and other features. Users can use Weider Pro 265 for a variety of exercises, including bench press, incline dumbbell press, shoulder press, biceps curls and other exercises.
It is sold by Amazon
For users looking for a more affordable Weider weight bench, consider buying the Weider Incline Weight bench. This product is ideal for use with dumbbells. It is not designed to be used for bench press exercises as there is no rack for a barbell. The seat can be adjusted through 90-degree angles, allowing users flexibility in usage.
It is sold by Amazon
Marcy weight bench
Whether you are looking for a full-body workout bench or a bench for a specific exercise, there are plenty of options to choose from Marcy, which is a well-known brand in the industry. Marcy weight benches offer great value for the money offering the ideal combination of affordable price and high-quality build. There is a variety of Marcy weight benches on the market. Some of their high-end products use powder-coated steel for the frame and high-density foam for the upholstery.
Depending on the model of Marcy weight benches, they can be used for light or intense workouts. Some models offer several adjustable features and they can be easily integrated with other exercise equipment, such as adding squat racks, half cages, Smith machines and other equipment.
Marcy weight bench pros
- Compared to several competitive products, Marcy offers a lower price.
- Some models of the Marcy weight bench offer integration with other exercise equipment, allowing users to make their own combination of exercise equipment.
Marcy weight bench cons
- Marcy weight benches might not be suitable for powerlifters who need to lift extremely heavy weights.
- The assembly of Marcy weight benches can be difficult for some models. It might require more than one person to fully assemble the product.
Best Marcy weight bench products
The SB-670 by Marcy is a simple, sturdy weight bench that offers five positions, allowing users to perform a variety of exercises. This product is one of the more premium products from Marcy, yet it is available at an affordable price. The upholstery features a durable and comfortable foam.
It is sold on Amazon
For users looking for a simple non-adjustable flat bench, they can’t go wrong with the Marcy Deluxe Flat Bench. It offers thick foam support, low-profile design, durable construction and more.
This product is sold by Amazon
Should you get a Weider or Marcy weight bench?
Both Marcy and Wielder offer great weight bench products. When it comes to weight benches, there is no clear winner between these two brands. It all comes down to individual requirements. If price is a critical factor for you, you might find Marcy weight benches more appealing, but that would depend on the type and model of the weight bench. Keep in mind that both Marcy and Weider weight benches are more suitable for home-gym users. If you plan on using the weight bench for powerlifting, make sure to check the maximum load rating of the bench. Some high-end models of Marcy and Weider might be able to support extremely heavy loads; otherwise, you will have to go with some other brand.
Sign up here to receive the BestReviews weekly newsletter for useful advice on new products and noteworthy deals.
Ali Azhar writes for BestReviews. BestReviews has helped millions of consumers simplify their purchasing decisions, saving them time and money.
Copyright 2021 BestReviews, a Nexstar company. All rights reserved.