Which hemp oil extract is best?
Hemp plant products have increased in popularity over the last several years, leading to a variety of supplements, oils and materials. Hemp oils are made more potent through the extraction process, creating the versatile, useful hemp oil extract that can be used in dietary supplements, skincare products and more. If you’re not familiar with them, however, hemp products can be as confusing as they are helpful. If you’re looking for a quality extract for pain and anxiety, check out this one from R&R Medicinals.
What to know before you buy a hemp oil extract
- Improved skin: Hemp oil has been shown to be helpful in treating eczema, psoriasis, acne and other skin conditions.
- Lower blood pressure: Hemp seed oil is abundant with omega-3 fatty acids, which can help reduce blood pressure, especially when used along with blood pressure medicine.
- Promotes heart health: Linoleic acid, which hemp oil is rich with, can reduce total cholesterol, which reduces your risk of high blood pressure, stroke and heart disease.
- Inflammation reduction: Hemp seed oil also contains gamma-linoleic acid, which reduces inflammation and can relieve symptoms of inflammatory conditions.
- Pain relief: The anti-inflammatory properties of hemp oil also make it a good pain reducer. You can use it in a tincture or cream, or apply hemp oil directly to a painful area for natural pain relief.
Hemp oil has very few side effects, most of which are quite mild. However some users experience digestive issues or changes in appetite and weight. The most common side effect for most adults is fatigue.
What to look for in quality hemp oil extract
- Tincture: Hemp oil extract is often sold as a tincture, which means that the servings are administered via droplets. Tincture dosage ranges between 8 and 30 mg and is a good supplement free from fillers or additives.
- Cream: Due to the skin benefits of hemp oil extract, it is frequently combined with other moisturizing elements to create creams. Some creams are designed specifically for moisturizing, while others are specialized for acne and other skin conditions.
- Capsule: For a direct dietary supplement, hemp oil extracts are often sold in capsule form like other vitamins and nutrients. Capsules are a good method for straightforward dosage.
- Bottle: You may also see hemp oil extracts sold in a bottle, but be wary of them. Pure hemp oil extract is very potent and is rarely sold in large bottles. There are cooking oils made from hemp that often come in large bottles, but these are less potent than the other forms of hemp oil.
Hemp oil extracts often list the extraction process as a selling point, so it can be helpful to understand the differences between the different extraction processes.
- CO2 Extraction uses carbon dioxide to pull the relevant chemicals from the plant. It is highly effective and extracts the oil while also killing harmful bacteria on the plant.
- Cold-pressed extraction refers to an extraction process that doesn’t use any heat, but instead involves crushing or pressing the hemp seed to extract the oil. This method is helpful for large amounts of oil extraction and also retaining the plant’s nutritional value.
- Full spectrum means that the entire hemp plant was used during the extraction process. There are some extraction processes that only use seeds or stalks or leaves, and full spectrum extraction uses all of the plant. This method is helpful for getting all the available nutrients.
Hemp oil is effective by itself, but it also works very well with other organic compounds.
- Tumeric or arnica will often be added to hemp oil extract in pain-relieving formulas.
- Cinnamon or peppermint may be added to improve the flavor of hemp oil in products that are meant to be ingested, such as tinctures and supplements.
- Coconut oil is regularly combined with hemp oil to create a keto-friendly and vegan supplement that reduces muscle pain and relieves anxiety,
How much you can expect to spend on hemp oil extract
Hemp oil extracts come in a variety of price ranges, from $10 to $60.
For less than $25, you’ll find low-potency tinctures, lotions and creams. They can be a good way to introduce yourself to hemp oils, but be aware that oils at this price range may have artificial additives.
For potent, good-quality oils that also offer bang for your buck, expect to pay between $25 and $50. These are typically be made with all-natural ingredients and generally be of higher quality.
Top-notch hemp oils will be priced around or above $50. These will typically be highly potent formulas, offering a higher concentration of hemp extract per serving, and are usually extracted with more precision. These are luxury oils.
Hemp oil extract FAQ
Does hemp oil show up on a drug test?
A. No. Hemp oil is completely natural and legal. It isn’t monitored on drug tests.
How much hemp oil extract should you take at once?
A. A good rule of thumb is 1-6 milligrams for every 10 pounds of body weight. Therefore, if you weigh 150 pounds, start with 15-25 milligrams per day, and go up from there.
What’s the best hemp oil extract to buy?
Top hemp oil extract
What you need to know: This high-quality hemp oil extract is specially formulated to relieve chronic pain and anxiety.
What you’ll love: Organically grown in Colorado, this blend contains coconut and sunflower oils and has a natural fresh peppermint flavor. It helps relieve pain, inflammation and stress and is a great go-to hemp oil extract.
What you should consider: Not all users experienced pain and stress relief.
Where to buy: Sold by Amazon
Top hemp oil extract for the money
What you need to know: This organic and budget-friendly option is great for people with anxiety, as it has a calming effect and soothes nerves.
What you’ll love: This extract is raw and straightforward, and users note immediate relief from anxiety-related symptoms. A powerful serum at a decent cost, this extract is a good choice for introducing even skeptics to the realm of medicinal hemp.
What you should consider: Specific to anxiety-related symptoms, this serum doesn’t have healing effects for muscles and other pains. Not all users like the cinnamon-mint flavor.
Where to buy: Sold by Amazon
Worth checking out
What you need to know: For those interested in capsule supplements, these potent hemp oil capsules are effective and made with quality organic materials.
What you’ll love: These naturally sourced, high-potency hemp oil capsules are formulated to reduce stress and anxiety, improve sleep, relieve aches and pains and support immune and brain functions. They are straightforward and easy to take.
What you should consider: Not all users experience the desired strong effects.
Where to buy: Sold by Amazon
Sign up here to receive the BestReviews weekly newsletter for useful advice on new products and noteworthy deals.
Collette Bliss writes for BestReviews. BestReviews has helped millions of consumers simplify their purchasing decisions, saving them time and money.
Copyright 2021 BestReviews, a Nexstar company. All rights reserved.