Chef Karl Marsh from Omaha Steaks shows us how to make Bacon Wrapped Tender Tips with Maytag Cheese.
Bacon Wrapped Tender Tips with Maytag Cheese
1/4 cup Canola Oil
8 oz of Omaha Steaks Tenderloin Tips
1 Tbsp Omaha Steaks All Natural Seasoning
16 slices of Omaha Steaks precooked thin sliced bacon
32 each Tooth Picks
4 oz Maytag Blue Cheese
2 Tbsp Balsamic Vinegar Glaze (reduced Balsamic Vinegar)
2 Tbsp Minced Chives
1. Preheat a cast iron skillet on high
2. Thaw and blot dry the Omaha Steaks Tenderloin Tips.
3. Season the Omaha Steaks Tenderloin Tips with the Omaha Steaks All Natural Seasoning.
4. Add the oil to the cast iron skillet and heat briefly.
5. Add the seasoned tenderloin tips the skillet and cook for 1-2 minutes while stirring. (Just long enough the sear the sides).
6. Quickly remove the tenderloin tips for the skillet and cool in fridge.
7. Thaw the bacon slices and cut in half.
8. Wrap seared tender tips with bacon and hold together with a tooth pick.
9. Stand the wrapped tender tips up on a sheet pan so that the bacon is on its side leaving some space in between.
10. Pack about 1 tsp of Maytag Blue Cheese in the center of the bacon. Cover pan with plastic film and refrigerate until service.
11. All of the above can done up to 4 days before serving.
11. Preheat oven to 450 and heat the bacon wrapped tender tips for about 5-8 minutes or until cheese is melted.
12. Remove from oven and transfer to serving plate.
13. Drizzle with Balsamic Vinegar Glaze and sprinkle with minced chives before serving