Chef Natalie Schwab, the culinary demonstrator for Johnson & Wales University, shows us how to make Sweet and Spicy Grilled Pork Tenderloin With Tangy Palisade Peach Relish.
Fresh ingredients are provided by King Soopers.
Ingredients for the Pork Tenderloin:
- 1 Tbsp. chili powder
- 2 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 tsp paprika
- 5-2-pound pork tenderloin
- 1 Tbsp. grape seed or vegetable oil
- Preheat grill to high heat (400 degrees).
- While grill is heating make the rub, mix together dry spices and sugar and set aside.
- In order to get a nice crisp char on the outside of the tenderloin, it is best to dry it off as much as possible. Using paper towels blot the loin to remove the moisture.
- Brush the loin lightly with the grape seed or vegetable oil to keep from sticking and to help the run adhere to the meat. Sprinkle and massage rub all over the meat.
- Place the pork loin onto the grill and cook for 20 minutes flipping once half way through. Remove from grill once internal temperature read 160 degrees
- Remove from grill and allow to rest for 5-10 minutes, this will allow the juices of the meat to redistribute and settle before cutting open.
- Slice and serve with your favorite grilled veggies or side dish.
Ingredient for the Palisade Peach Relish:
- 4 medium Palisade peaches
- ¾ cup sugar
- ½ cup cider vinegar
- ¼ tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 small red onion, halved lengthwise and sliced into thin strips.
- Combine peaches, sugar, vinegar, and hot pepper flakes, and briskly simmer in a pot on the stove top or the grill, uncovered, until liquid thickens slightly, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Stir in onion and salt and simmer for 5 minutes. Relish will continue to thicken as it cools