Maynard’s Lemon Garlic Chicken
3 lbs. Dark meat chicken on the bone (Legs, thighs, or wings with tips removed.)
4 cloves garlic, minced
2tbsp Vegetable oil
1 cup fresh lemon juice
¼ cup water
Salt & pepper to taste
- Heat the grill to medium heat.
- Rinse the chicken and pat dry.
- Salt and pepper the chicken.
- Place on the grill and do not move, while grilling baste the chicken. Turn the chicken and baste again.
- Remove from the grill and serve.
Muti’s Wilted Cucumber Salad:
3-4 medium cucumbers, sliced
8 oz sour cream
3-4 green onions, chopped
Salt and Pepper to taste
- Mix together the sour cream, green onions, and salt and pepper to make the dressing.
- Add cucumber into the sour cream mixture
- Allow to stand in refrigerator 1 hour before service to allow the flavors to fully develop.
Recipes from Natalie Thompson, Johnson & Wales University