Chef Natalie Schwab from Johnson & Wales University shows us how to make BBQ Ribs with Blackberry Sauce.
Fresh ingredients provided by King Soopers.
BBQ Ribs with Blackberry Sauce
Makes about 1½ cups of sauce
- 2 (4 to 5 pound) Rack Pork Spareribs
- 3 cups Fresh Blackberries
- ½ cup Honey
- ½ cup Ketchup
- ½ cup Packed Brown Sugar
- 2 tablespoon Minced Fresh Ginger
- 2 garlic clove minced
- 2 teaspoon Pepper
- Salt to Taste
- ½ teaspoon Crushed Red Pepper (optional)
- Make Sauce by combining all sauce ingredients in a blender or food processor and blend until blackberries are smooth.
- Place mixture in a sauce pan and simmer on medium heat, stirring occasionally about 10-12 minutes until sauce thickens.
- Place ribs on grill over indirect heat, meaty side up and turn as needed until well browned, 45-50 minutes. Keep lid closed.
- Baste the top of the ribs with half of the sauce. Turn ribs over and cook about 10 minutes until sauce thickens. Baste top of ribs with remaining sauce, turn over and cook 10 minutes longer.
Notes: For a spicier sauce add your favorite hot sauce to the mixture in the sauce pan (step 2).
** For indirect heat, build the fire on one side of the grill so that one side is hot and the other isn't. On a gas grill, light only one burner.