Chef Natalie Schwab, the Culinary Demonstrator for Johnson & Wales University shows us how to make Barbecue Pizza Bratwursts.
Fresh ingredients provided by King Soopers.
Barbecue Pizza Bratwursts
Serves: 8 brats
- 8 bratwursts
- 8 brat buns
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- ½ cup barbecue sauce
- 1 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Preheat gas grill to medium-low
- Place brats on grill, turning often to ensure they are browned evenly.
- Close the grill and allow brats to cook for 10-15 minutes to make sure they are cooked through. Internal temperature should reach 165F.
- Meanwhile, brush the onions with olive oil and lay onion slices on grill grate, grill until grill marks are visible, 5-8 minutes on each side.
- Split buns and lay flat on grill to toast lightly.
- Place slices of onions in bun and top with a brat. Drizzle with barbecue sauce and sprinkle with cilantro.
- Top brats with shredded cheese and place back onto grill and cover with the heat turned off and allow the cheese to melt.