This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.
Lori Dostaler, the creator of Castle Crock shows us how to make a nacho bar using the crock pot.
Recipe courtesy of The Magical Slow Cooker
SUPER BOWL NACHO BAR
PREP TIME 40 mins
COOK TIME 2 hours
TOTAL TIME 2 hours 40 mins
- Nacho cheese ingredients-
- 2 pound box original velveeta cheese
- 1 cup mild La Victoria taco sauce
- 1 cup sour cream
- milk for thinning
- (OR buy a giant can of Nacho Cheese)
- Other ingredients-
- 2 large bags of tortilla chips
- 2 pounds ground beef, cooked and seasoned
- 1 jar salsa
- 3-4 tomatoes chopped
- 1 jar jalapeno slices
- 2 bunches of green onions, sliced
- 16 ounces sour cream
- 2-3 small cans of sliced black olives
- 1-2 cans of black beans drained
- guacamole: 4-5 avocados, ¼ cup sour cream, 1 lime, salt (directions follow)
[protected-iframe id="cca86ec19d3fe96e15ed11eef4a7fa7e-29290497-31988237" info="http://tpc.googlesyndication.com/safeframe/1-0-5/html/container.html#xpc=sf-gdn-exp-14&p=http%3A//www.themagicalslowcooker.com" width="1" height="1" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"]
- Cube the velveeta, put in slow cooker with 1 cup of sour cream, and 1 cup of taco sauce. Cook on high for 1½ to 2 hours, stir often. Add milk to thin. You don't want the cheese to be gloppy. I kept the cheese on high during the party, so the cheese would stay thinned out, stir often, and keep adding milk if the cheese thickens.
- Guacamole directions:
- Take 4 to 5 avocados, and mash with a fork and add ¼ cup sour cream, 2 tablespoons lime juice, and a dash of salt, mix lightly.
- Assemble Nacho Bar:
- Put the cooked and seasoned ground beef in a small slow cooker on low, or a pan with a lid works fine. Put all your toppings in little dishes (I got mine at the dollar store, they came with lids). Put the chips in a big bowl. I got the white paper nacho trays from a restaurant supply store (Cash and Carry), but you can get them at Costco too. Invite all your friends over for the big game, I think they will be impressed!
- Recipe can be doubled if you're expecting more people