DENVER -- This week on Gridiron Grill, Ken Clark joins Chef Dejon to make chicken wrapped with prosciutto stuffed with fontina cheese.
Yield: 4 each -- Portion Size: 1 each -- Number Portions: 4
- 1.5 lb Chicken Breast (cut in strips)
- 8 Bamboo Skewers (soaked in water)
- 0.332tbl Minced Garlic
- 1 tbl Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tbl Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 Clove Garlic
- ¼ tsp Red Flakes Pepper Chopped
- 1 pinch Sea Salt (soak)
- 4 oz Fontina Cheese (cut into 1/2” cubes)
- 24 Slices of Prosciutto di Parma Ham
- 1 pkg Grape Tomatoes
Preheat a grill to medium high and brush the grates with vegetable oil. Toss the chicken with the olive oil, vinegar, rosemary, garlic, red pepper flakes and salt in a large bowl.
Place a cheese cube on a piece of chicken and wrap tightly with a slice of prosciutto. Repeat with the remaining cheese, chicken and prosciutto.
Thread the chicken bundles onto eight 10-inch skewers along with the tomatoes.
Grill the kebabs, covered, turning occasionally, until the prosciutto is crisp and the chicken is cooked through, about 10 minutes.