Chef Troy Guard of the Tag Restaurant Group was on the Gridiron Grill with Ken Clark Friday, November 7th. His recipes appear below.
Grilled pork tenderloin with Olathe corn and Palisade cherry salsa - serves 4
4 pc of 5oz pork tenderloin
4 cup water
1 c carrot juice
1/4 c kosher salt
2 T brown sugar
1 apple, rough chop
1 c onion, rough chop
2 bay leaf
7 pc blk peppercorn
- Quick brine 30 minutes, take warm water and mix all ingredinets until dissolved.
- Place pork inside and brine for 30 minutes
2 T soy bean oil
2 T butter, melted
1 spring thyme
- Season pork with oil, butter and s&p.
- Heat grill to med high temperature ( if using charcoal use about 2 pounds, light then cook coals about 15 minutes before grilling til they are grey color )
- Cook all four sides about 2 minutes each side to make Med temperature. ( its ok to eat pork medium! )
- let rest for 4 minutes before serving
Palisade cherry salsa
1 c corn off cob ( cook on the cob with the husk for first 5 minutes then take husk off, then grill so it gets a char color and flavor )
1 c peaches cubed bigger
1 c cherries, pitted and cut in fours
¼ red onion sliced
1 T red and green jalapeno, sliced
2T cilantro, chopped
3 T white balsamic vinegar
3 T olive oil
1 t lemon juice
1 T butter, melted
S&P to taste
- heat skillet until smoking then add your oil and red onion for 1 minute
- take your corn off the cob
- then add peaches, cherries and butter, cook and toss for 10 seconds
- add rest of ingredients and pull off stove and put in a bowl.
- Let stand 3 minutes , then serve over pork tenderloins, slice them too if you like…..