This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.
TACO ON A STICK
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 jalapeño, chopped
- 1 c. chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tbsp. ground cumin
- 1/3 c. lime juice
- 1/4 c. vegetable oil
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 3/4 lb. sirloin steak, cut into 1" pieces
- 1 avocado, cut into chunks
- 2 ears corn, sliced into 1" thick pieces
- 1 small red onion, cut into 1" pieces
- 2 flour tortillas, cut into triangles
- Hot sauce, for serving
- Lime wedges, for serving
- Make marinade: In a medium bowl whisk together garlic, jalapeño, cilantro, cumin, lime juice, and vegetable oil and season with salt. Set half the marinade aside and add steak to half. Toss until coated.
- In a large bowl, add avocado, corn, red onion, and tortillas and toss with remaining marinade.
- Heat grill to high. Skewer kebabs and grill 8 minutes.
- Serve with hot sauce and squeeze with lime.