This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.
Sweet Potato Turkey Burger Sliders
- 1 pound lean ground turkey, thawed
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup Fresh mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 white onion, diced
- 1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1/8 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 2 Tbsp. low sodium soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp. Worchestire sauce
- 2 large sweet potatoes, sliced 1/2 inch thick
- 1 bunch fresh basil
- 1-2 Tbsp. olive oil for cooking burgers
- Wild Arugula. tomatoes, ketchup, mustard, etc. for preferred garnish
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Spray a baking sheet with Pam. Place sliced sweet potatoes evenly on the baking sheet and cook in oven for 20 minutes, or until tender. Remove and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix the ground turkey with all of dry ingredients. Once fully incorporated, mix in all of the wet ingredients.
- Shape turkey burger patties into small sliders. You want them to be able to fit nicely on the sweet potato "buns." Heat olive on in a large sauce pan, and cook turkey burger on the stove, or on a grill if you prefer to get nice grill marks.
- Once burgers are fully cooked, layer your burgers with garnish you prefer and enjoy!