Chef Jeremy Quattlebaum shows us how to make a Creamy Turkey A-la-King.
Find out how you can donate to the Denver Rescue Mission’s annual Turkey Drive.
- 1 ½ pound of pulled or ground turkey
- Gallon of milk or heavy cream
- 5 pounds potatoes
- 1 cup of diced onions
- Fresh or canned vegetables
- 1 can each of peas, green beans, carrots, corn, black beans
- Roux (I cup of flour and ½ cup cooking oil) for thickening purposes
Sautee vegetables and meat (shredded meat). Then add milk or heavy cream and cook at 165 degrees and then add a roux (for thickening) before it boils. Once its thickened it is good to be served over whipped mashed potatoes.