We have more bacon mania invading Denver.
It's clear we're bacon fanatics here in America, and we love indulging in all sorts of things cooked with bacon. And now the mother of all bacon parties is here: It`s the Denver Bacon Takedown, brought to you by Hormel Black Label Bacon and Matt Timms.
Twenty local, amateur chefs will make their best bacon creations armed with 15 pounds of bacon and a mission to make your mouth water.
The sizzle starts on Saturday at 2 p.m. at the Beauty Bar on East 13th Avenue in Denver.
Watch the video above for one tasty creation, and nab the recipe for it below.
- Brown Sugar
- Red Pepper flakes
- Coarse black pepper
- Balsamic vinaigrette
- Step one: Per heat oven to 350
- Step Two: Place as many pieces of Hormel Black Label bacon as desired on a cooking sheet
- Step Three: Take out brown sugar, red pepper flakes, and Coarse black pepper.
- Step Four: Lightly rub the brown sugar on the bacon, even lighter on the red pepper flakes and coarse black pepper.
- Step Five: Place in oven, for 15 minutes. Let cool, drizzle with a balsamic vinaigrette.
- Step Six: Serve and eat.