Dates: Labor Day. Sept. 4-7. The event kicks off at noon Friday Sept. 4. Sept. 7 is family day.
Cost: Free to enter, some attractions and concerts have an additional cost
Where: Thunder Mountain Harley-Davidson in Loveland, Colo. (right off of I-25 and Crossroads Blvd.)
Who: Motorcycle enthusiasts, weekend warriors, music lovers and families are all invited to the event
The 11th annual Thunder in the Rockies, the largest bike rally in Colorado and the region, is set for Sept. 4 – 7, 2015 at Thunder Mountain Harley-Davidson in Loveland, Colo. The 2015 bike rally brings motorcycle enthusiasts and weekend warriors together from across the country to share their passion for freedom in the wind and to share the road for some of the most breathtaking, scenic riding in the U.S. The rally includes high-powered entertainment, events and activities, including a free Friday afternoon Shooter Jennings concert to kick off the rally as well as evening concerts with national entertainment acts Sammy Kershaw, Jackyl, Night Ranger, Slaughter and LoCash.
Over the past 11 years, Thunder in the Rockies has grown to become a destination for motorcycle enthusiasts from across the United States. Hosted by Thunder Mountain Harley-Davidson, Colorado’s largest Harley-Davidson dealership, the rally is one of the first opportunities to try out the brand new 2016 Harley-Davidson models*, enjoy the scenic views of Loveland, Estes Park and Big Thompson Canyon and enjoy four days of entertainment. Aspiring motorcyclists also have the opportunity to try Jumpstart, the stationary motorcycle experience.
“Thunder in the Rockies has become a great place for motorcycle enthusiasts to connect. Our rally has really taken on a unique feel. It is the uniting of a brotherhood, the gathering of kindred souls that share the passion for freedom in the wind. More than 50,000 people come from all corners of the world and all walks of life to remember and reminisce, to partake and enjoy camaraderie as well as share stories from the past and plan for adventures yet to come,” said Jill Almirall, marketing and event manager at Thunder Mountain Harley-Davidson.
The rally kicks off at noon Friday, Sept. 4 with an afternoon kickoff party that includes FREE BBQ and FREE Shooter Jennings concert. The event rolls throughout the weekend with biker-related vendors, shows, entertainment and activities running throughout the event. Monday, Sept. 7 is family day and a great opportunity for families to come and enjoy the event with children’s face painting, helicopter rides, beautiful birds of prey on display with the Rocky Mountain Raptor Program and a vendor street mall with products for the whole family. In addition to evening concerts, notable shows and activities include:
- The Busted Knuckles Stunt Tour is a nationally recognized, V-Twin thrill show performed solely on Harley-Davidson motorcycles. These American Daredevils perform stunts that include wheelies, acrobatics, burnouts, jumps, Pyro, and whatever else these crazy performers have up their sleeve. Every show is unique and different.
- 2015 Bike Show: Motorcycle enthusiasts from all over the country show off their custom bikes for a chance to win People’s Choice and the Baddest Bagger contest. Come and see beautiful bikes and vote for your favorites.
- Forever Family Ride: Hundreds of bikers come together for this fundraising event to benefit Realities for Children. Join approximately 600 fellow riders for a stunning ride up Big Thompson Canyon on the way from Loveland to Estes Park.
- Mark Brodie Pinstriping: Mark Brodie is considered “NASCAR’S Celebrity Artist.” Between his custom-built motorcycle designs gracing the covers of magazines like American Bagger, and his work with NASCAR greats Dale Earnhardt Sr., Dale Earnhardt, Jr. and Mark Martin, his work can be found everywhere. The fine art is all one-off originals. Mark has performed custom work for many of the world’s top bike builders and, in ’03, had the privilege and distinction to helm the paint-scheme for logo changes for the Winston/NEXTEL changeover with NASCAR. From old-school pinstriping to in-your-face, head-turning paint schemes and fine art, Mark is one to see this year. Come and meet him for a signature or photo, or, pinstripe on your car or bike, modifying it from your usual “stocker,” to something personal and custom.
- Contests: From the 2015 Miss Hooters Thunder in the Rockies Bikini contest, to a tattoo contest, there are many ways to watch, participate and enter to win great prizes and giveaways throughout the rally.
- Barlow Cigar’s Lighting Lounge: Available in the heart of the rally for a quick billiards and cigar break, offering up a chance to connect with friends new and old.
- Grizzly Rose Tent: This 21-years-old and up area includes the Rolling Thunder mobile stage, home to a host of day-time entertainment, activities and contests throughout the weekend.
- Prize Giveaway: motorcycle enthusiasts can enter to win a Harley-Davidson Street 750 and a complete riding package courtesy of Thunder Mountain Harley-Davidson including a $2,000 gift card to Thunder Mountain Harley-Davidson to outfit the new bike and a Harley-Davidson Riding Academy learn-to-ride certificate. Motorcycle enthusiasts, weekend warriors and newcomers alike are encouraged to enter to win this complete Harley-Davidson package, which will be given away during Thunder in the Rockies.
- Helicopter rides: Throughout the event, participants can take a helicopter ride around the area for the discounted price of $65/person.
- Vance & Hines and Rinehart Racing pipe & exhaust installation: New this year, on-site pipe & exhaust installation at the Vance & Hines and Rinehart Racing semis.