This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.
Chef Alexander Figura from the Lower48 Kitchen shows us how to make Pecan Pie Bites with Gravy.
- 12 tablespoons/170 grams/1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter
- ⅓ cup/35 grams confectioners’ sugar
- Pinch salt
- 1 ½ cups/185 grams all-purpose flour
- 1 cup/235 milliliters light corn syrup
- ½ cup/100 grams light brown sugar
- ⅓ cup/80 milliliters heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons/30 grams unsalted butter
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon/15 milliliters bourbon
- 1 teaspoon/5 milliliters vanilla extract
- Pinch salt
- 2 cups/200 grams pecan halves
- Leftover turkey gravy, for dipping
- Make the crust: In the bowl of a mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream together butter, confectioners’ sugar and salt. Beat in flour. Form crust into a disk, wrap in plastic and chill for at least 30 minutes (or up to 3 days).
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9-inch-square pan and line with parchment paper. Press dough evenly into bottom of pan. Bake until crust is golden brown all over, about 30 minutes.
- Make the filling: Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, heat corn syrup, sugar, cream and butter until the butter melts. Let cool, then stir in eggs, bourbon, vanilla and salt until smooth. Stir in pecans.
- Pour filling over crust. Bake until set, 40 to 45 minutes. Cool completely before cutting into bars. Drizzle gravy on top or serve alongside as a dip.