Jeanenne Tornatore from Orbitz takes a look.
Travelers heading out for a late-summer vacation will find that in many destinations around the country things start to slow down. And that means you’ll find more opportunities to save. From your hotel room to meals to attractions, here are some simple ways to get the most for your money as the summer season starts to wind down in the coming weeks.
- Look to “off season” destinations. Florida, the Caribbean and Mexico are heading into their off-season in late summer, while some of the popular beaches up the East Coast are still in their peak season. Looking to these off-season destinations means better deals, and even special deals on the ground. New Orleans, for example, celebrates its restaurant month in August with great dicsounts and promotions at its top restaurants.
- Use a promo code. Right now on Orbitz, use code BYEBYE and save an extra 15% on hotels (book by July 31).
- Sign up for “insider prices” programs. Get even more savings by signing up for “insider” programs that share discounts with members. Hotels with low occupancy offer unbelievable deals via these programs when they want to fill rooms late in the season!
- Sign up for loyalty programs. Whether with a travel site like Orbitz, or with a hotel, being a part of a loyalty program isn’t just about building up points or rewards. Orbitz Rewards members get access to things like free TSA Pre-Check, and hotels offer free drinks, wifi and gym access to members.
- Book activities in advance online. When travel slows down late-summer you’ll see discounts on event and attraction tickets, especially via online sellers. Check out Orlando mid-late August for discounted prices on tickets to Legoland, Busch Gardens, SeaWorld and more.