Chef Scott Pickering from The Cheesecake Factory shows us how to make Huevos Racheros.
Factory Huevos Rancheros
- ½ fz. Vegetable Oil
- 3 ea. Eggs
- Pinch of Kosher Salt
- Pinch of Ground Black Pepper
- ½ fz. Vegetable Oil
- 4 ea. Corn Tortillas, 6” thick
- 2 oz. White Cheddar Cheese, grated
- 2 fz. Ranchero Sauce (warm)
- 4 oz. Black Beans (hot)
- 1/2 oz. White Cheddar Cheese, grated
- 3/4 fz. Sour Cream
- 1/4 ea. Avocado
- 1 oz. Pico de Gallo, drained
- 1/2 tsp. Cilantro Leaves, finely chopped
1. Heat the vegetable oil in an 8” nonstick sauté pan set over medium high. Place the 3 eggs into the pan, season with salt and pepper and cook for 1 minute or until the egg whites begin to set on the bottom. Lower the heat and continue to cook the eggs for approximately 2-3 minutes more or until the egg whites are completely set. When cooked correctly the egg whites will be firm to the touch (not runny) with the yolks still clear and very loose.
2. While the eggs are cooking, ladle the oil onto flat grill (or in a pan) to warm. Place the tortillas onto the oiled flat grill (or into the pan) and cook for approximately 30 seconds. Flip the tortillas over. Sprinkle equal amounts of cheese over two of the tortillas (1 oz. per tortilla). Place one of the remaining two tortillas on top of one with cheese. Place the last tortilla on top of the other tortilla with cheese. Continue to cook for another 30-45 seconds or until the bottom tortilla is slightly crispy and the cheese has begun to melt. Flip the two quesadillas over and cook for another 30-45 seconds or until the cheese has melted completely.
3. Place the black beans onto a serving platter covering the entire area within the rim.
4. Place the quesadillas on top of the black beans, slightly shingled at the center point.
5. Place the eggs on top (centered) of the quesadillas.
6. Ladle the 2 fz. of the ranchero sauce randomly over and around the eggs (leaving the yolks uncovered) and on top of the quesadillas. It is acceptable for some of tortillas to remain visible after the sauce is ladled on. Sprinkle the cheese over the eggs and tortillas, leaving the egg yolks uncovered.
7. Drizzle the sour cream over the eggs and cheese.
8. Slice the avocado twice and place it on top (centered) of the eggs.
9. Sprinkle the pico de gallo over the center of the avocado. Garnish with chopped cilantro.