With so much to do this summer, and smokin' hot temperatures, the last thing you want to do is heat things up in the kitchen. Lucky for us, King Soopers Registered Dietitian, Cristina Rebellon, has great ideas for fun, light, and cool meals your whole family will love.
- 1 cloves garlic, minced finely
- 1 whole medium cucumber, diced
- 5 whole roma tomatoes, diced
- 1 whole zucchini, diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- salt to taste
- 1/4 gallon tomato juice
- 1/4 cup oil of choice
- 1/8 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoons sugar
- Hot sauce of choice to taste
- 1 dash Black Pepper To Taste
In the bowl of a food processor or in a blender, combine the minced garlic with half the half the cucumber, half the tomato, half the zucchini, half the celery, half the tomato juice, oil, red wine vinegar, sugar, hot sauce, and a dash of salt.
Pulse until all ingredients are blended well.
Pour into a large bowl and add the rest of the tomato juice, and half of the remaining cucumber, tomato, zucchini, and celery.
Stir mixture together and check seasonings, adding salt if needed. Chill soup for at least a couple of hours; soup needs to be very chilled for best flavor!
Cannellini and Squash Salad
- 2 cans cannellini beans, rinsed
- 2 small zucchini squash, quartered and diced
- Handful of fresh green beans, trimmed and chopped (optional: steam them in microwave for one minute to soften)
- 1 T oil of choice
- 2 T Fresh basil
- Salt and pepper to taste
Add all ingredients together in large bowl. Chill for 10 minutes. Enjoy!