If you're ever hurt in an accident, and it's not your fault, or course the first thin you'll do is get the best medical care available. But after that, decisions you make could greatly impact your case. Colorado's Best Attorney Phil Harding shares the Dos and Don'ts in today's Legal Minute.
If you're injured by someone else, here are the Dos and Don'ts on personal injury actions:
- DON'T sign a medical release.
- DON'T give a statement without an attorney.
- DON'T show medical bills that are redacted.
- DON'T settle your case until you are done treating.
- DO take pictures of the accident scene.
- DO take pictures of your injuries.
- DO follow your doctor's orders.
- DO talk to an attorney to find out your rights.
If you have any legal questions for Phil, he wants to hear from you. Just submit your question on our Ask the Attorney page. Phil answers all questions personally and confidentially. If you'd like to reach Harding & Associates directly, all (303)762-9500, or visit them online at HLaw.org.