When cooking, the dreaded words “from scratch” can be daunting. But King Soopers makes it easy. We hooked up with Registered Dietitian Mara McGuin from King Soopers to learn a gluten free recipe from scratch! Watch as Joana takes on a DIY granola without any trouble!
DIY: Basic Granola Recipe
Prep Time: 10 min
Total Time: 20 min
Serving Size: ½ cup
- 2 cups raw, whole rolled oats
- 3 Tbsp millet
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp salt
- 3 Tbsp canola oil
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 1 tsp vanilla or almond extract
Extra Goodies – you choose!
- ½ cup nuts, chopped
- ¼ cup seeds
- ½ cup unsweetened dried fruit, chopped
- Preheat oven to 300° F
- Combine all dry ingredients in medium sized bowl
- Combine wet ingredients in small bowl
- Add wet mixture to dry mixture and stir to coat.
- Bake for 7 minutes; stir oats so edges don’t burn.
- Bake an additional 7 minutes or until toasted the way you like it. Watch those edges, they will be the first to burn!
- Remove from oven, allow to cool slightly.
- Add the perfect combination of extra goodies.
- Eat up!
Nutrition Info per ½ cup: 160 calories, 8 grams fat (7.5 grams unsaturated), 40 mg sodium, 3 grams fiber, 6 grams sugar, 4 grams protein