Portion of roof collapses in Westminster house fire

News
This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.
Data pix.

WESTMINSTER, Colo. --  A single-family home caught fire Saturday night at the 9700 block of Carr Circle in Westminster.

Westminster firefighters arrived on scene about 7: 18 p.m. to find thick, black smoke pouring from the front door.

While inside, firefighters heard a loud boom and crash, prompting them to evacuate the building. It was later determined that the ceiling of an open, two-story rec room area had collapsed just ahead of the firefighters.

Aside from minor burns to one firefighter, no injuries were reported.

The fire was finally put out as of 9:30 p.m. Saturday.

A mother, a grandmother and two children were in the home when the fire started, the Westminster Fire Department reported Sunday. All four were able to escape, along with a dog, a cat and four pet lizards.

Damage to the home was estimated at $20,000. Initial investigation showed that no fire alarms went off to warn the family.

A FOX31 Denver viewer, Mindy Nguyen took video from her neighboring home, where smoke clouds can be see billowing from the other home. 

Data pix.
Data pix.

 

Most Read

Top Stories

More Home Page Top Stories