Mobile Ala. (WKRG) — A utility worker heading home after helping to restore power on the Gulf Coast was killed Wednesday in a crash in Mississippi.
The crash happened on Highway 45 in Macon, MS. The utility worker was driving in a convoy of power trucks when he struck an 18-wheeler, according to Assistant Police Chief Douglas Triplett.
Noxubee County Coroner R.L. Calhoun confirms to WKRG News 5 the man killed has been identified as 37-year-old, Darrell Holt, from Excelsior Springs, Missouri. WKRG has learned he worked for R&M Pole Line Construction.
Holt’s family has started a fund to raise money for his funeral. If you would like to donate, click here.
- Watch: Car fire on I-25 in Castle Rock, traffic advisory
- Snow slows down East Troublesome home damage notification process
- Restrictions on gyms in Denver remain in Level 2 as city prepares to move into Level 3
- ‘We are an optimistic bunch’; Ski resorts push forward with plans to reopen
- Final stretch: Presidential campaigns hit the trail hard in southern states with one week left until Election Day