This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.
DENVER -- Love is in the air around Valentine's Day. But on Valentine's Day, love can also cost a lot of money.
According to AOL, there are five top ways to save some cash this Valentine's Day.
- Want flowers? No problem. But you can save a lot of dollars on your daisies by shopping online. Shop early and skip the vase. Also, try a nonrose variety.
- Make your sweetie a nice dinner at home. Save money, no reservations, no valet, no tipping lousy service. It could also help you score big on romantic points.
- Choose another day to celebrate. Less crowds, more options, less money. And you don't have to look like a schmoe with cheap flowers from the grocery store.
- Make you own Valentine's Day card. It might wind up looking like a grade school project but will score high in, "Oh, that's soooooo cuuuute." points.
- Skip the holiday altogether. Do something special for your loved one when they least expect it. Like a dinner at Del Frisco's followed by a Michael Buble concert.