DENVER — Here are your 10 Things to Know for Friday, March 14, 2014.
1. Chase suspect to face a judge Friday morning
Ryan Stone, the suspect behind Wednesday’s wild carjackings and high-speed chase on the Front Range, is due to face a judge Friday morning.
2. Stone to face attempted murder, other charges
In the arrest affidavit, it shows Stone will face multiple charges, including first degree attempted murder.
3. Tips to avoid being carjacked
Reporter Dave Young has some tips in case you happen to get confronted with a would-be carjacker.
4. State public defender fired for alleged misconduct with inmate
Lucy Martin, a state public defender, has been fired after it was revealed she engaged in illegal sexual contact with a client.
5. Keggs and Eggs kicks off St. Patrick’s Day Weekend
Lodo’s Bar and Grill had its annual Keggs and Eggs on Friday morning as a warm-up to St. Patrick’s Day Weekend, which will include the annual parade on Saturday morning.
6. Colorado a hot spring break destination
Spring is in the air and spring break is right around the corner. And thanks to the legalization of marijuana, Colorado is becoming a hot destination for spring break tourists.
7. Restaurants get failing grades
Fridays are a big night to eat out, but you’ll want to see a FOX31 Denver report on some of the restaurants that get failing grades.
8. More theories on missing plane
The investigation is continuing into the missing Malaysia Airlines flight, and Reuters is reporting a new theory — that the plane might have landed on an island in the Indian Ocean.
9. Safety group claims high death rate over recalled GM cars
A safety group claims more than 300 people have died as a result of recalled General Motors cars in which airbags did not deploy.
10. It’s 3/14 — Pi Day
Today is Pi Day — 3/14 — and also Albert Einstein’s birthday. It’s a big day for math nerds and also those who want some pie