DENVER — Here are your 10 Things to Know for Monday, March 9, 2015.
1. Pedestrian fatally hit by suspected drunk driver on Federal Boulevard
A pedestrian died after being struck by a suspected drunk driver along Federal Boulevard near West 14th Avenue.
2. Three sent to hospital after multivehicle crash near Sloan’s Lake
Three people were sent to a hospital after a four-vehicle crash near Sloan’s Lake. The intersection of West 17th Avenue and Sheridan Avenue was closed for several hours as the accident was investigated.
3. Injured officer John Adsit recounts his trying, inspiring journey
Denver police officer John Adsit recently took the first step toward putting a horrific accident behind him when he walked out of Porter Adventist Hospital under his own power and is now recounting the accident and his recovery.
4. Breckenridge man arrested, accused of brutally beating three teen girls
A 37-year-old Breckenridge man was arrested after being accused of brutally beating three teenage girls — one of whom was still in critical condition.
5. U.S. 36 closure to make for tough nighttime travel this week
U.S. 36 will be closed overnight for four to seven nights this week from Church Ranch Boulevard to Wadsworth Parkway as crews continue work on expansion of the turnpike.
6. Rock slide closes Highway 74 between Morrison and Kittredge
A rock slide closed Highway 74, and the road was closed overnight. Rock mitigation crews will return Monday morning to try to get the highway reopened.
7. Dozens of homes evacuated during propane fire
Some 30 homes were evacuated after two propane tanks caught on fire and exploded at a construction site in Aurora.
8. Poll: Jeb Bush has a long way to go in winning over conservatives
Jeb Bush faces a long, tough sell in winning over conservatives who vote in the Republican presidential primary, according to a new poll.
9. Baby found alive 14 hours after car crashes into river
When a man went to a Utah river hoping to haul out fish, he inadvertently saved the life of a baby who had been trapped — possibly for half a day. The angler waded into the Spanish Fork River and noticed a car upside-down in the water.
10. Model who is almost nine months pregnant is so fit she has visible abs
A pregnant Los Angeles model is sparking conversation across the Internet for her extremely fit physique. Sarah Stage, 30, has visible abs even though she is almost nine months pregnant.