1. Light snow hits Front Range Tuesday
There was more wind to contend with Monday night. And once the wind finally died down on Tuesday morning, in came the snow. You can expect up to an inch of it before it dissipates.
2. Police shoot barricaded suspect who used woman as human shield
A man who took a woman hostage at a Denver 7-Eleven Monday morning was shot by an officer, police said. And on Tuesday morning, the woman taken hostage lived to tell the tale and spoke to FOX31 Denver.
3. Sen. Harvey: Arapahoe HS shooting ‘validates’ arming school teachers
An armed school resource officer, in Colorado State Sen. Ted Harvey’s view, was the difference between what happened at his son’s school, Arapahoe High School, and what happened a year earlier at Sandy Hook School in Newtown, Conn.
4. Second teen dies following weekend stabbing at Longmont party
A second teenager died as a result of a stabbing this weekend at a party in Longmont. About 20 people in their teens and early 20s were partying at the home, consuming alcohol and marijuana, when the deadly brawl broke out.
5. Toddler dies in Sterling house fire
While three family members were able to make it out of a Sterling home that burst into flames Monday night, a 2-year-old was not as lucky, dying from injuries sustained in the fire Tuesday morning.
6. Omaha, Neb. grateful for Peyton Manning
Fans watching Sunday’s Broncos game may have thought Peyton Manning was endorsing Nebraska’s largest city after shouting the word “Omaha” more than forty times. The clip, which has gone viral online, is throwing Omaha into the national and social media spotlight.
7. Evergreen couple gets wedding ring back that was lost years ago
When Evergreen’s Louise Heern mysteriously lost her wedding ring, she was living in Chicago & thought it was gone for good. That was until the new owners of her old Chicago home had a pipe burst last week.
8. Shooting reported at New Mexico middle school
Two children were taken to a hospital after a report of a shooting at Berrendo Middle School in Roswell, New Mexico, a spokeswoman for the hospital said Tuesday. Police later said the shooter had been apprehended.
9. Dad’s text to daughter sparks fatal shooting in movie theater
It started with a father sending text messages to his daughter during the previews of a movie. It ended with the 43-year-old man shot dead amid the theater seats, and a 71-year-old retired police officer in custody.
10. DirecTV drops Weather Channel amid contract dispute
The Weather Channel disappeared from DirecTV’s channel lineup shortly after midnight on Tuesday — the latest escalation in a contentious contract negotiation.