AURORA, Colo. — Thirteen people were displaced when a fire broke out in an apartment complex in Aurora Saturday.
The American Red Cross responded to a two-alarm fire that occurred in the 16000 block of E. 17th Place in Aurora Saturday evening, according to a release from the organization.
Ten adults and three children were displaced by the apartment fire, said the Red Cross.
The Red Cross Disaster Action Team was dispatched to survey the damage from the blaze, and to help determine the needs of those displaced.
Aurora Fire said the flames were sparked by unattended cooking, and determined the cause was accidental. The fire was contained to a single unit, but affected approximately 15 residents.
No injuries were reported.