DENVER (KDVR) — There are hundreds of unsolved homicide cases, long-term missing person cases, and unidentified remains cases in Colorado where at least three years have passed since the crime happened.
The Colorado cold case task force created a list of those cases dating back to 1970. The Problem Solvers are working to highlight cold cases in our state.
What happened to Elizabeth Miller?
On Aug. 16, 1983, Elizabeth Miller was jogging at a park in Idaho Springs when she disappeared. She hasn’t been seen since then.
To this day, the Colorado Bureau of Investigation said no physical evidence or remains have been found.
On the day of her disappearance, Miller was wearing white jogging shorts, a blue t-shirt, and white running shoes.
The photo on the left shows Miller when she was 14-years-old. The photo on the right was age-progressed to she might look like at 41-years-old.
If you have any information about Miller’s disappearance, please contact the CBI at 303-239-4244.
Here are some of the other cases we’ve highlighted:
- Cold case: Who kidnapped Christopher Abeyta 35 years ago?
- Cold case: Who killed JonBenét Ramsey 25 years ago?
- Cold case: Who killed Jessica Bejarano 15 years ago
- Cold case: Where is Terri Ackerman?
- Cold case: Who killed Richard Elliott at a grocery store 23 years ago?
- ‘Don’t ever give up hope’: Cold case: Who killed Edward Steinbach?
- Cold Case: Who killed Denise Davenport 37 years ago?
- Cold case: Who murdered James O’Neal Johnson 23 years ago?
- Cold case: Where is Jennifer Lynn Marcum?
- 18 people remain unidentified in Denver since 1970
If you ever have a cold case you would like us to feature, please fill out this form:
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System shows there are currently 21,556 open missing persons cases in the United States and over 300 in Colorado.