NORTHGLENN, Colo. -- Northglenn Police helped two adults and three children safely escape an early-morning house fire Wednesday that started as a result of discarded cigarettes in a flower pot, North Metro Fire Rescue said.
A resident woke up and saw flames coming from her neighbor's back patio at 11372 Lincoln Drive and called 911 about 4:50 a.m. A Northglenn police officer evacuated the family from the two-story home before firefighters arrived.
Fire under control. Crews targeting any remaining hot spots. pic.twitter.com/oCr78OG7AO
— North Metro Fire (@NMFirePIO) January 28, 2015
On scene of a house fire near 113th & Lincoln Dr in Northglenn. Fire is out pic.twitter.com/mLxLUYIfMk
— Chris Jose (@ChrisJoseWSB) January 28, 2015
The fire began on the patio and spread to the attic by the time firefighters arrived and it was brought under control quickly.
Most of the damage was contained to the second floor and the attic, but the family will be displaced. The Red Cross is helping the family with temporary assistance, housing and comfort items.
There were no injures reported.
[protected-iframe id="0869175ae733d4bb5a9c4bc386784793-29290497-62452405" info="https://www.google.com/maps/embed?pb=!1m18!1m12!1m3!1d97974.81444356164!2d-105.06261061820031!3d39.88066725490833!2m3!1f0!2f0!3f0!3m2!1i1024!2i768!4f13.1!3m3!1m2!1s0x876c742b35b96903%3A0x4925b0266ecf5559!2s11372+Lincoln+Dr%2C+Northglenn%2C+CO+80233!5e0!3m2!1sen!2sus!4v1422458904215" width="100%" height="450" frameborder="0" style="border:0"]