Labor Day barbeques can be a lot of fun, but there are some safety tips that you should always follow to ensure your pets’ safety during these kinds of get-togethers.
Dr. Kerri Nelson for Medical Director for Veterinary Emergency Group Denver shares some tips to help keep our pet safe during this holiday weekend that include:
- Know common BBQ food and drink that are toxic to pets
- Be careful when discarding food waste
- Keep pets away from hot items and cooking surfaces
- Provide for your pet a place to cool down
- Make sure pet has access to fresh drinking water
- Keep your pet away from water if they can’t swim
- Always keep an eye on your pet
Veterinary Emergency Group (VEG) is the world’s veterinary emergency brand with 24 hospitals currently open in the U.S., including Denver, that helps people and pets when they need it most.
VEG – Denver, located @3845 E. Colfax Ave., is open 24/7, including holidays, to help pet parents with emergencies when their family veterinarian is closed.