DENVER — An early morning fire at an apartment building in Denver’s Capitol Hill neighborhood sent one person to the hospital.
Firefighters responded to 1260 Pennsylvania Street shortly after 5 a.m. Saturday where one unit was on fire.
The fire department said crews found one person in the apartment suffering from smoke inhalation. They also found a dog and performed CPR on the pet outside the building. A cat did not survive.
The fire was extinguished by 5:45 a.m.
13th Avenue was closed between Pennsylvania and Pearl streets until around 8 a.m.
The conditions of the person and dog were not released.