Report: Story about injured 3-year-old girl asked to leave KFC a hoax

National/World News
This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

JACKSON, Miss. — The story of the family of a 3-year-old girl who was scarred after a pit bull attack and was asked to leave a KFC because her appearance upset other customers might be a hoax.

Victoria Wilcher lost her right eye, suffered a broken jaw, broken ribs and several puncture wounds when she was attacked by three pit bulls in April.

Earlier this month, the girl’s grandmother says she was told by a KFC employee to leave the Mississippi restaurant because Victoria’s appearance was upsetting other customers.

“She said that we’d have to leave, we were disturbing customers. Victoria’s face was disturbing other customers,” Kelly Mullins said.

KFC immediately responded and said it would donate $30,000 to help with the girl’s medical bills. But now KFC is saying the story was made up in an attempt to raise money.

According to the Laurel Leader-Call, KFC officials say they hired investigators to look into the allegation and found that there is no evidence the girl was ever even at the restaurant.

The Leader-Call also reports store security video does not show Victoria nor her grandmother were ever in the KFC where they claimed the incident happened. Receipts also fail to show the “mashed potato and sweet tea” order the family claims they ordered the day in question.

“When the allegation was first made, KFC pledged $30,000 to go to medical expenses and started an investigation to find the truth,” KFC franchisee owner Dick West posted on social media over the weekend. “They have pledged the money even if it is proven that the incident never happened. At this point their story is full of holes. Any thinking person who follows their timeline can see it.

“The event at KFC never happened.”

Most Read

Top Stories

More Home Page Top Stories