A comedian kept a list of everything that made his wife cry over the course of a month -- and the hilarious list has been retweeted more than 31,000 times on Twitter.
Aaron Gillies and his wife, Lex, have been married since last year. Gillies said his wife cries about everything, so he decided to start a list.
Some of the items?
"She was hungover and saw a picture of a piglet." Also, "she watched a video about a dog."
"I thought it would get about 12 retweets from people that know Lex in real life and know what she is like," the London-based comedian told the Huffington Post. "Neither of us thought it would go this big! But so many people are identifying with it, maybe sensitivity is seen as something not many people talk about openly, so seeing someone show it started a rather large conversation!"
Gillies said he cleared the list with his wife before sharing it online. Here's the full list:
Reasons My Wife Is Crying:
- "She found out swans can be gay and thought it was really nice."
- "She was hungover and saw a picture of a piglet."
- "I waited until it was dark and pretended to be The Babadook."
- "The fluffy bunny escaped from an arctic fox in a documentary."
- "There were no biscuits in the house."
- "She remembered swans can be gay."
- "I tried to hold her hand when she wasn't expecting it."
- "I cooked her dinner after a long day."
- "She watched a video about a dog."
My wife cries at absolutely anything. I mean, ANYTHING. So i started writing the reasons down because reasons. pic.twitter.com/2ZO4gFEfmH
— TechnicallyRon (@TechnicallyRon) November 22, 2015