[protected-iframe id=”939eb8bf116ef9f74365fc903b32ac1f-29290497-119543004″ info=”https://w3.cdn.anvato.net/player/prod/v3/anvload.html?key=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%2BTW40d2ZnIn0%3D” width=”640″ height=”360″ frameborder=”0″ scrolling=”no”]
WASHINGTON– The House Judiciary Committee is scheduled to meet Wednesday night to begin deliberations on the articles of impeachment against President Donald Trump.
House Democrats announced two articles of impeachment Tuesday against the president for abuse of power and obstruction of Congress. The announcement came after weeks of public hearings in front of the House Intelligence Committee and Judiciary Committee. The two committees questioned key witnesses, law scholars and attorneys for each party.
Join J.B. Biunno and Keith Cate Wednesday for live coverage starting at 6:45 p.m. ET. They will be joined by Washington D.C. Correspondent Jessi Turnure, looking ahead at what to expect next from the impeachment inquiry.
The Judiciary Committee is scheduled to begin its markup of the articles at 7 p.m. ET and will likely vote in the coming days. The full House is expected to vote by Christmas. If the charges are approved, they would be sent to the Senate for a trial.
Get caught up with previous impeachment coverage:
- Committee questions Republican, Democratic counsels as vote nears in impeachment inquiry
- Judiciary Committee grills 4 law scholars in impeachment inquiry
- Fiona Hill, David Holmes wrap testimony in public impeachment hearings
- Recap: Hale & Cooper testify after bombshell 7-hour testimony from Sondland
- Trump impeachment hearings & analysis: Williams, Vindman, Volker and Morrison testify
- Impeachment hearings Day 2: Testimony & analysis
- Breaking down first day of public impeachment hearings