According to the results from their survey of the nearly 12,000 couples who got married, the average cost of a wedding for 2022 was $30,000.
The average cost for a wedding in Denver in 2022 was $29,000, according to The Knot.
The average age to get married among couples surveyed was 31.
Average cost for a wedding in other big cities
Here is a look at the average cost for a wedding in other cities, according to The Knot:
- New York metro area: $60,000
- San Francisco – San Jose – Oakland, California: $54,000
- Boston: $50,000
- Chicago: $47,000
- Washington, D.C.: $40,000
- Philadelphia: $37,000
- Los Angeles: $37,000
- Miami-Fort Lauderdale: $33,000
- Orlando-Daytona Beach: $30,000
- Denver: $29,000
Top trends for weddings in 2022
Here is a look at the top wedding trends for last year, according to The Knot:
- 91% – Couple performed a first dance
- 90% – At least one member of the couple wore white
- 84% – Set up a wedding registry
- 83% – Order of the day was ceremony, cocktail hour, reception
- 80% – There were father-daughter and/or mother-son dances
- 78% – Had a rehearsal dinner
- 76% – One person changed their name to their partner’s last name
- 74% – Had a cake-cutting ceremony
- 70% – Incorporated something old, new, borrowed and blue
- 68% – Guests had specific table assignments
The most popular day to get married will be Saturday, September 23.