LAKEWOOD, Colo. — A grill that had been left on caused $100,000 worth of damage to a Lakewood home Thursday night.
Last night's house fire in the 1900 block of South Urban, caused by a grill that was left on. The fire started on the deck & spread to the house- damage estimate – $100k. The people inside got out because their working smoke detectors sounded the alarm. #SmokeDetectorsSaveLives pic.twitter.com/wiuZ8vy3Pg
— WestMetroFire (@WestMetroFire) April 6, 2018
According to West Metro Fire, the fire started on the deck and quickly spread to the rest of the home on the 1900 block of South Urban.
The occupants of the house were able to get out when the smoke detectors sounded the alarm.
The fire department ended their tweet with a reminder that #SmokeDetectorsSaveLives.