DENVER (KDVR) — Places and events across Colorado have been nominated by USA Today for several holiday-themed Readers’ Choice awards.
According to USA Today, travel experts pick the top 20 in each category. Then, readers can vote once per day in each contest.
This is the second year in a row for at least one of the nominations, including best holiday market. In 2022, the Georgetown Christmas Market was voted the seventh best market, and the Denver Christkindlmarket was voted third best.
The same two made the top 20 list again.
Those weren’t the only Colorado staples that made it into the top 20 lists. Most of the categories had at least one nominee in the Centennial State.
Here is a list of some of the contests Colorado was picked for and a link to vote for them.
- Best ice skating rink – Beaver Creek Ice Rink in Beaver Creek, Dercum Square in Keystone
- Best destination for snow – Aspen, Crested Butte, Telluride
- Best holiday market – Denver Cristkindlmarket and Georgetown Christmas Market
- Best botanical garden holiday lights – Blossoms of Light at Denver Botanic Gardens
- Best public holiday lights display – The Mile High Tree Presented by Xfinity
- Best ski towns – Aspen, Breckenridge, Crested Butte, Steamboat Springs, Telluride, Vail
- Best ski resorts – Aspen Snowmass, Powderhorn Mountain Resort in Mesa, Silverton Mountain, Steamboat Resort, Telluride Ski Resort, Vail Ski Resort, Winter Park Ski Resort
Other categories where Colorado was represented in the top 20 include best ski school, best place for snowboarding and best hotel for the holidays. You can find a full list of categories here.
Voting closes in early December.