GREENWOOD VILLIAGE, Colo. — A natural gas leak forced evacuations of some businesses, and caused road closures around Interstate 25 and Arapahoe Road on Thursday.
The leak was discovered about 12:40 p.m., the Greenwood Village Police Department said.
The businesses evacuated were in the Arapahoe Marketplace Shopping Center located at East Arapahoe Road and South Yosemite Street.
Westbound Arapahoe Road is closed from Yosemite St. to Greenwood Plaza Blvd due to the cut natural gas line. 1 restaurant is evacuated. pic.twitter.com/EaebqPu2Wu
— South Metro Fire Rescue (@SouthMetroPIO) November 2, 2017
South Metro Fire Rescue said the gas line was cut in front of the Torchy’s Tacos on East Arapahoe Road. Westbound Arapahoe was closed in the area.
Other businesses in the area include Chase Bank, Red Robin, Office Depot and Sprouts Farmer’s Market.
Xcel Energy is also on the scene.