DENVER (KDVR) — If you woke up in time to see the sunrise in Colorado on Monday morning, you were greeted with a sky full of color.
SkyFOX flew over the sunrise, which looked like a scene from the “Lion King” movie.
When is sunrise and sunset?
The sunrise is happening earlier and earlier, while the sunset is getting later and later this time of year.
According to the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, the current sunrise time is 6:01 a.m., with sunset happening at 7:54 p.m.
5 great places to see sunrise near Denver
Here are some great places to see the sunrise near Denver:
- Red Rocks Amphitheatre in Denver
- Flatirons in Boulder
- Windy Saddle Park in Golden
- Sloan’s Lake Park in Denver
- Mother Cabrini Shrine in Golden
5 great places to see sunset near Denver
Here are five great places to see the sunset near Denver:
- Coors Field in Denver
- Washington Park in Denver
- City Park in Denver
- Rocky Mountain Arsenal National Wildlife Refuge in Commerce City
- Inspiration Point Park in Denver
To stay informed about the weather before you decide to check out a sunrise or sunset, be sure to download the Pinpoint Weather App.
It has special features that include:
- Interactive Radar: Zoom in to any location
- Pinpoint Weather forecast: Independently certified as Colorado’s Most Accurate
- Customized alert settings: Choose the severe weather alerts and locations that matter to you
- Hour-by-Hour: Plan your day and see the hourly forecast for any location
- Videos from the Pinpoint Weather team
The Pinpoint Weather team will continue to update the forecast multiple times each day.