COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo.(KXRM) — Letecia Stauch, the woman accused of murdering her stepson Gannon Stauch, has left a Kansas jail and is on her way back to Colorado Springs, according to jail records.
The Saline County Sheriff’s Office in Kansas confirmed Stauch spent Wednesday night in their jail. She was removed from the roster of current inmates sometime between 3 and 4 a.m. Mountain Time Thursday.
It takes about six hours to drive from the Saline County jail to the El Paso County jail. There’s no word on when Stauch is expected to arrive in Colorado Springs.
Stauch made her first court appearance Tuesday morning in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, where she was arrested Monday.
- ‘Justice will be served’: Gannon Stauch’s mother gives emotional statement after
- Gannon Stauch’s stepmother arrested in 11-year-old’s disappearance
- Gannon Stauch’s babysitter says she believes stepmother is innocent
- More than 300 tips reported on day 12 of search for Gannon Stauch
- ‘Find Gannon’; Hundreds pray for Gannon Stauch 12 days after disappearance
- El Paso County Sheriff’s Office utilizes new equipment in search for Gannon Stauch
- Search continues for missing 11-year-old Gannon Stauch 10 days after he went missing
- Private investigator speaks on search for missing boy Gannon Stauch
- Watch: Family of missing Gannon Stauch releases video statement
- Surveillance footage could provide clues in search for missing El Paso County boy
- El Paso County Sheriff’s Office gets new evidence in search for missing 11-year-old boy
- Community joins forces to find missing 11-year-old
- El Paso County Sheriff’s Office asks public for help finding missing 11-year-old